Rock Hill High School
|Rock Hill High School|
|320 West Springdale Road
Rock Hill, SC 29730
|Type||Public High School|
|Motto||Carpe Diem Latin for, Take Advantage for the Day|
|Color(s)||Garnet, Black and Gold|
|Website||Home of the Bearcats|
Rock Hill High School (RHHS) was the first of the three high schools in Rock Hill, South Carolina. It offers the International Baccalaureate diploma to its senior class students, as well as duel credit and Advanced Placement. As of September 2010, RHHS has 1,964 students in grades 9 – 12.
Rock Hill High offers a number of sports, including baseball, women’s and men’s basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, women’s and men’s soccer, softball, swimming, women’s and men’s tennis, track and field, wrestling, and volleyball. Its sports teams are known as the Bearcats and compete in Region 4-AAAA of the South Carolina High School League. The athletics team has achieved considerable success. The Bearcats wrestling team is recognized as a traditional powerhouse and had a 23 consecutive streak of finishing 1st or 2nd; 18 state championships and finishing runner-up 11 times
- AA Champions: 1944, 1945, 1952
- AAAA Division 1 Champions: 2002, 2004
- AAA Baseball Champions: 1967
- AAAA (Boy’s) Champions : 2006
Cross Country Championships
- AAAA (Boy’s) Champions: 1990
- AAAA (Boy’s) Champions: 1971
- AAAA Champions: 1980,1982,1983,1984,1985,1986,1989,1990,1991,1994,1995,1996,1997,1999,2000,2009,2014,2015
- Runners-up: 1978,1979,1981,1987,1988,1992,1993,1998,2004,2005,2008,2010,2013
- Gerald Dixon played in the NFL 1992-2001 for the Cleveland Browns, San Diego Chargers, and the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Jonathan Hefney, professional football player for the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL
- Jim Hoagland, two-time Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist
- Chris Hope, professional football player for the Tennessee Titans of the NFL
- Leon Rippy, American Actor
- Ko Simpson, professional football player for the Detroit Lions of the NFL
- Arkee Whitlock, professional football player for the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL
- Scott Williams, National Meteorologist for The Weather Channel
- Phillip Adams, professional football player for the San Francisco 49ers of the
- “International Baccalaureate”. Rock Hill High School. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- “Advanced Placement”. Rock Hill High School. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- “General Info”. Rock Hill High School. Retrieved 2011-04-19.
- “Chris Hope, DB for the Tennessee Titans at NFL.com”. NFL Network. Retrieved 2012-06-09.
- “Player Bio: Ko Simpson”. South Carolina Gamecock Athletics. Retrieved 2009-08-14.
- “Player Bio: Arkee Whitlock”. Edmonton Eskimos. Retrieved 2010-04-24.